Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blame it on the popcorn

I was just wrapping up things at work when the fire alarms started to go off. Once I packed up my things and headed into the hall I could smell the smoke--somebody had badly burned their microwave popcorn. The firemen were just coming into the lobby after I trudged down 9 flights of stairs. We told them it was the popcorn on 9 and they started laughing. I didn't stick around to see if it was really the popcorn. Nothing like a little excitement at the end of the day!


Carroll Family said...

I feel so bad for the person who burnt the popcorn!!!

Drewmeister said...

She feels so bad too--she's so embarrassed. She's cleaned out the microwave 2 or 3 times already. I"m sure she's even more embarrassed that the fire dept had to come.