Friday, September 26, 2008

It's all perspective

I've been discouraged lately because my medical conditions have placed some limitations on how far I can push myself (and therefore what I can do). It's nothing serious, but it can become serious if I don't slow down. The problem is that there is so much I want to do and I don't like limitations placed on that. I used to be able to do this all and now I can't. So it's just a little discouraging. I still recognize that I have a pretty good life given the medical conditions that I have, sometimes I just want the life I had before.

Then I found out today that the mother of two of my friends died today. She is in her 70s (I think) and has been sick for a while, so it's not unexpected, but it's still really sad. My friend had to go home and tell her children. Certainly puts everything into perspective, doesn't it?

So to my friends and their family, these flowers are for you to bring a brighter spot to today than you will find in the rain outside. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Lorin and Marilyn said...

There are always people with problems and challenges. Thanks for the flowers to brighten our day.