Sunday, August 30, 2009

Reflections on Summer

With summer winding down, I reflected on all I have accomplished. I had 4 things I wanted to get done this summer and accomplished almost all of them (the weather got in the way of accomplishing the 4th).

1) Created and shared 2 lectures for my business. This was a lot more work than I thought--approx 20 hours per lecture

2) Found a name for my business and created a website. The design is based on a template and definitely needs to be updated once I have a logo and picture, but it's ok for now (see the perfection thing above). Check it out and give me suggestions on content: bridgingthepast.com

3) I wanted to create a nice workspace in my room on top of all those filing cabinets for genealogy and scrapbooking supplies. I found the melamine board I want to use, but was worried carrying it out into the rain would warp it. So this project will continue into the fall.

4) Applied to grad school. Getting accepted so quickly was a bonus!

The last thing I really wanted to do was get some R&R. That's the one thing I didn't get done this summer. Ah well--there's always next summer.

I think my biggest accomplishment is letting go of my need for perfection. I am able to do so much more when I learn I can do something well without spending lots of extra time to make it perfect.

2 comments:

Lorin and Marilyn said...

Now you just need some more time, a nice quiet cabin, a good book, and some rest. How come there is never enough time for everything?

Drewmeister said...

You know me well--this sounds perfect!