Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Gifts

I had a nice, quiet Christmas. In our family, we used to draw names for Christmas. The names we drew were secret, so people tried to guess who had their name. The tradition was that on Christmas Eve, each family member could open the gift from the person who had their name. All other gifts were saved for Christmas morning. Since we're all grown and out of the house and drawing names through the mail can be tricky, we now have a more systematic system. My dad had me this year and gave me a $25 gift certificate to Michael's. I went shopping yesterday and bought this:

A Beading book (some of the loops are still a little tricky for me), a nice Christmas background stamp, black and clear stretchy wire for bracelets, and a pendant. I've never used the stretchy wire before, so excited to work with that.

I also bought this pendant to go with the earrings I made earlier this year. It's a little hard to tell from this picture that all 3 pendants are roughly the same color pink. I want to make a necklace with the large pendant I just bought, but unsure if should create a beaded necklace, or just put the pendant on a chain or cord. Any suggestions?

My parents gave me these for Christmas as well. I am on the welcoming committee in my ward and thought having game nights would be a way for us to get to know each other. So I'm excited to have some new games that will help me get to know people better.

No comments: