Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Day Off

I took advantage of the fact that I turned in the first draft of my 40-page research paper for my class on Wednesday to declare this weekend "time off" from my normal routine of classwork over the weekend. It was certainly a much needed break and I had a wonderful day.

My very favorite thing to do is read cozy mysteries, so stocked up on all the newly released books. I also made sure I had some chocolate and a couple of good Netflix movies. Friday night I read the new Mary Higgins Clark book. Saturday I spent a good few hours cleaning, organizing and doing laundry. I read the new Barbara Colley book in the afternoon, did some research to further document the Ison line, and then watched the Star Trek movie that came out last year. It was so relaxing!


May 14 is when the last thing is due for my class, and I'm not taking any classes over the summer. The middle of May is not so far away anymore, so I am starting to plan things: a beading night with Cami, a scrapbooking night with the girls, some more relaxing weekends like this one....

5 comments:

Carroll Family said...

So nice!! I think I need one of those soon!

Cami said...

It was so great seeing you today! I'm excited about a beading night- I may just have to do some online bead shopping between now and then! :) Good luck with the rest of the term.

Amy said...

Again, I'm jealous of your time to just sit back read.

Unknown said...

We need to plan a scrapbooking night! I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend.

Lorin and Marilyn said...

Even when you relax you stay pretty busy!