Thursday, September 20, 2012

My trip to Nebraska

I took a long weekend and visited my sister and her family in Nebraska. We moved around a lot when I was growing up (never in one state more than 4 years) and moved to Nebraska right before I started 9th grade. While I left after graduating from high school, my family stayed put for another 10 years or so, so I had plenty of opportunities to visit. I don't really have any one place that I call home, but if I had to choose, it would be Nebraska.

There are just so many wonderful things about Nebraska: friendly people, good food, good football, and lots of memories. Most of these things deserve their own post, so I'll make this one about the beauty of Nebraska.

The Sunken Gardens are near downtown Lincoln. They are built on what used to be a dump. As a teenager I would often go down there with friends or with my family and walk around. It is one of my "must-sees" when I visit Lincoln.

The ponds and fish are always a hit with the kids.

I love how colorful the flowers and plants are. I could only capture little pieces at a time with my camera. The gardens are 1.5 acres and are so beautiful to walk through.





This fountain is one of my favorite places in the garden. When I was a teenager, it wasn't built up as much, and was surrounded by trees.If I went up the stairs and sat at the head of the fountain under the trees I felt like I was in the woods. The rushing water was so calming.



My niece and nephew M & P. They are both adorable and will get their own posts.




1 comment:

Lorin and Marilyn said...

Thanks for sharing all those pics. The Sunken Gardens is one of my favorite places