Sunday, July 6, 2014

Phantom of the Opera

On June 27 I went to see Phantom of the Opera with my good friends Eileen and Bekka. We had a crazy drive into Boston during rush hour traffic. Something was wrong with the GPS. It would tell us to turn left in 300 feet, then right before that it would switch to turning right. It took us on a giant loop through Boston. Finally we came to a place that I recognized and was able to guide us there. I generally walk in Boston, so don't know all the one-way streets and how to navigate them in a car.

We ate at a fabulous restaurant called TeatroBoston. We shared an appetizer of bruschetta (grilled peaches, ricotta cheese and almonds). Bekka ordered spinach ravioli and I ordered skirt steak with tomatoes. We ate half and then switched. For dessert I had "al Buio" Dark Chocolate Cake. The food was sensational. I wish I had taken pictures.

We had to get a shot in front of the poster. It is a new show and I loved the set. It was incredibly innovative. That was by far my favorite part of the show. The music of course was very good as well--very haunting. I think this is one of the few musicals that is even better as a movie. The one that came out a few years ago is excellent. I will watch it again sometime soon.


The Phantom of the Opera was, fittingly, held at the Opera House. Of all the theaters in Boston, this is my favorite. It is absolutely beautiful. It was restored within the past 10 years. We were up in the nosebleed section, but the 2nd photo below gives a hint of its beauty.
A shot looking out over the lobby


No comments: