Friday, July 3, 2009

Kidspeak

I love kidspeak--those random things that kids say out of nowhere. Here are some favorites from the reunion:
M's mom asked her if she knew what a pioneer was. She thought for a minute and then said: Well, Pioneer's Park has lots of pine trees and they're really old. So a pioneer is "pine-years". Pretty smart thinking for a 5 year old!

I shared the backseat with this cute kid for much of the reunion as I bummed rides off my sister. On the way to Winter Quarters I was trying to get him to say "pioneer"
LL: "Z, say pioneer"
Z: (realizes he doesn't know this word and searches for the closest one in his vocabulary) "Plane!"
LL: "Pioneer"
Z: "Plane"
LL: Oh well, I tried

R (the cute girl in pink) said "It's a burn day" when exiting the car for a VERY hot day at the amusement park.

T: "It's paint's getting undone!"

1 comment:

Lorin and Marilyn said...

Kids were created to help us remember to laugh.