Monday, September 21, 2009

Family Gifts

Last week I stopped by the Harvard Coop to buy my Harvard sweatshirt with the money my family sent me. I initially planned to get the official crimson Harvard sweatshirt, but a pink sweatshirt caught my attention. When I saw a purple sweatshirt on the same rack, my decision was made. Ever since I was a kid, blue and red have been my favorite colors. Over the past few years, I have noticed that I chose purple for new purchases ranging from a lunchbox to a coat. Guess it makes sense since red+blue=purple. So happy with my beautiful purple sweatshirt!

I had a little extra gift money left so I bought Dan Brown's "Lost Symbol" and a Symphony candy bar. Only very recently have I found Symphony candy bars out here in the regular size, so it's a real treat. I ended up with only a few pennies in change. What perfect planning! Thanks so much to my family for their generosity!!!

I also received another gift in the mail last week--a belated Christmas present. My mom made me a big, warm and comfortable jean quilt for picnics and just lazing around in the sun. It's my fault that it's late since I was the one who had been saving old jeans and I didn't get them to my mom until after Christmas. Thanks Mom--love it!!

1 comment:

Lorin and Marilyn said...

I love the purple sweatshirt and hope you enjoy reading and eating your candy bar. Life is fun and you are great.