Sunday, September 20, 2009

Switching Wards

A new singles ward (30+) has been created in my stake and I have decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot. I went last week and knew many people and the male:female ratio was better than I thought it would be. Best of all, these people are my age instead of years younger.

It is sad to leave my family ward b/c it is one of the best wards I have ever been in. I will especially miss my Primary kids. Switching teachers at the beginning of the year was a bit traumatic for some of the girls in my class, so I gave their parents a heads up that I was leaving. One of the girls in my class made this beautiful picture and all the girls signed it and gave it to me in a special presentation.
The chapel we would normally meet in burned down months ago, so the Harvard Divinity School kindly lets all the singles ward meet in their beautiful stone chapel. I took pictures of the outside, but thought taking pictures inside would be sacrilegious. It is absolutely gorgeous inside.

Here are the pictures of our old chapel that burned down and will be re-built.


Stone chapel we are meeting in now.

7 comments:

rebecca said...

wow. I haven't been down Brattle in a while. I haven't seen a pic of the L. Park chapel since the fire.
I hope you have a great experience with your new ward. Sounds like it's a good thing! Talk to you soon.

Carroll Family said...

What a beautiful church!!! I hope your new ward goes well - it seems like it could be so fun.

Crystal said...

you'll be missed!! But have fun and enjoy!

Jodi and Jesse said...

Good for you. Im sure you'll love it!

Unknown said...

I am sad our ward is loosing another cool person. : (

I do hope you love the new ward though!

Lorin and Marilyn said...

It is a beautiful chapel, but I think meeting in another beautiful building for a few months would be fun too. Enjoy your new ward.

Sweet Em said...

We miss you at Lynnfield!