Monday, November 2, 2009

Only a Few Bones

I have wanted a copy of this book ever since I first heard about it earlier this year. I finally bought a copy this week, although I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to sit down and read it.
Professional genealogist John Colletta solves the mystery of the events surrounding the death of his great-great-grandfather whose store burned down, killing him and 4 other men. Rumors of arson and murder swirled, but nothing ever came of it. 30 years of research are put into this book and from what I hear it's very readable. Since I want to write narrative histories of some of my own ancestors that are thoroughly researched, reading this and learning from him seems to be a great starting point.

1 comment:

Lorin and Marilyn said...

Sounds like a great book.I want to read it someday...after I finish the Undaunted and a few other books on my list.