Monday, July 19, 2010

ProGen Friends

I am just finishing up an 18-month genealogy study group. Study group is a bit of a misnomer because we have practial assignments every month in addition to a reading assignment and online chat, and each practial assignment takes several hours to complete. I wasn't expecting it to be so much work and it's been a little rough to try to fit this in between a full-time job and grad school, but I'm so glad I did. I have learned so much, but more importantly, I have made some wonderful friends.

I mentioned Marilyn in a previous post about my trip to Utah. Another friend from ProGen is Donna, who I first met in person at a regional genealogy conference when the study group first started. We were able to get together again last week. We had lunch at the Inn in Concord and then went to the Orchard House (Louisa May Alcott). Just like with Marilyn, it was so fun to catch up with Donna and hang out with her.

(Sorry there are no pictures. We wanted to take one of us at the Orchard House, but it was raining and photos were not allowed inside).

1 comment:

Lorin and Marilyn said...

I want to go there and eat lunch with you. Sounds so fun.