Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just Promise Me


My friend Simeen recently published this book. She never really thought about writing a book until about a year ago. At two consecutive book clubs, she read the assigned book and thought "I could have written this." Once she decided to write a book, the ideas flowed. She could have written the first draft in a week if she didn't have a family and job. As it was, she finished the entire process of writing, editing and publishing within a year. I just finished the book and thought it was very good.

I was impressed when I first heard her story and thought it was such a great "girl power" accomplishment. I look at the incredible women in my life and all the wonderful talents that they have. I certainly hope they have enough confidence in themselves to follow their own dreams. You can order the book here: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2200825

1 comment:

Lorin and Marilyn said...

Good for her for giving it a try and having success