Sunday, July 3, 2011

Visit to Colorado

I started out my summer vacation in Colorado where my parents live. I flew in on a Saturday and had my parents all to myself for several days. We went to a yummy (authentic) Mexican restaurant on the way home from the airport and then took it easy the rest of the day. On Sunday we went to Church. I was tempted to sneak into Primary and see how they do things there, but resisted the temptation.

Sunday evening we went to see Laura and Dan Gillespie and their 6 kids. They lived here in Boston for a while and were really good friends. It was amazing to see how much their kids have grown in just 2 years. It was really nice to catch up with them.

Monday morning we went to some cliff dwellings. It was hard to image entire families living in such small rooms.
After that we stopped in a fun little town called Manitou Springs. They have fountains all over town that pull water from some of the springs. Some people bring a collection of empty water bottles to try all of them. We window shopped and bought some fudge. We had lunch at the StageCoach Inn. I tried a buffalo burger. It didn't taste much different from a hamburger, but is supposed to be healthier.

No comments: