Thursday, August 16, 2012

Quilt Exhibit

The Memorial Hall Museum also had a quilt exhibit. If I had time for another hobby, it might be quilting. I love looking at quilts and quilt magazines, and enjoy the novels by Jennifer Chiaverini, who writes about a group of women who start a quilting camp. But I think my current hobbies are enough for now. But I did love looking through this quilt exhibit.


Amazing amount of detail in this quilt--it must have taken forever to finish because each piece is so tiny.


List of the US presidents




Beading quiltwork--beautiful and intricate



I've read a lot about crazy quilts in Chiaverini's novels, but have never seen one until I visted this museum. So fun!


Submitted as part of a "broken dishes" quilt competition. Unique to incorporate broken dishes into the design (and yes, just in case you can't tell from the picture, there really are pieces of a broken dish in the center).


I thought this was very creative to make a small quilt/wall hanging out of ribbons from the county fair over a couple of generations from the same family.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just saw one of those "blue ribbon" quilts up in Maine. What a family treasure"

Lorin and Marilyn said...

I appreciate quilts, but they are a lot of work. I loved the broken bowl quilt and the ribbon one.