Monday, April 14, 2008

on the home stretch!

King Charles I, King of England until he was executed in 1649 for treason against England. He was at the forefront of much that happened during the revolution.

Only 2 1/2 more weeks to go in my class. I have loved learning more about the English Revolution. The readings and class discussions are fascinating. I have had a few 'a-ha' moments, like THAT'S why Massachusetts got a new charter in 1652, or why certain other things happened in the New England colonies. But it has been very difficult b/c I was in the hospital and recuperating the first couple of weeks of the class and have had to play catch-up all semester. Just when I almost got caught up something else happened. So I will be glad when it is over b/c I will have my life again.

For my friends and family: I apologize that you probably won't hear much from me until the class is over. I have to catch up on 5 lectures, several hundred pages of reading, write a paper (I haven't even selected the topic yet), and a final exam. So looking forward to May 1 when we can all catch up!

PS--this is my 100th blog.

1 comment:

ellen said...

congrats on the 100th blog post!!