Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Due to all the hype and severe warnings about Hurricane Irene, I was a little worried about my floor to ceiling wall to wall windows surviving anything that might be flying through the air. But all was well--the winds weren't very bad and didn't last as long as I thought they would. I did try to get a picture of the trees bending in the wind (which they did), but I never had my camera when it was gusting. This is the best picture I got--the trees are moving and bending, but I don't think you can tell from this picture.

As far as what's on the ground in my complex it's just leaves, not even any downed branches, and no power outages.
I know many people had it far worse and my thoughts and prayers go out to them.

1 comment:

Lorin and Marilyn said...

So glad you were safe......and have power.